Occasionally, a product will be damaged in transit, or there maybe a manufacturer’s product defect. With your help, we will do work to ensure a timely and satisfying solution. Depending upon the product and form of shipment, we ask that you follow the appropriate outlined procedures below.
Small packages - delivered by UPS or FedEX
- The first step is for you, the customer, to perform a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery.
- Accept delivery of the shipment, but notify our customer service department immediately (978.369.3000).
- If damages are reported within 7 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on your behalf and work to resolve the issue.
Please understand that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if you fail to notify us of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt.
Large package deliveries
- Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items from a common freight carrier.
- In this case, it is important to note any damage on the bill of lading or receipt when signing for delivery, even if the packaging is only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for delivery and do not note "damage" assume responsibility for any damage that may exist.
- If the product appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify Concord Lamp and Shade immediately so we can anticipate the return and send a new item.
Concord Lamp and Shade will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is preferred instead of replacement, the "Return Goods Policy" applies and there will be a re-stocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit issued.
Failure to follow the return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item.
Returned items that are found to be in good working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such an instance, Concord Lamp and Shade will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee.