Any lampshade can be re-made or replaced in either a hardback lampshade or silk lampshade regardless if it's, simple or ornate. But when should you repair a lampshade?
When an exact match isn't critical buying often makes more sense from a cost perspective than repairing. But when you want to match another lampshade(s) or the shade has sentimental value repairing a lampshade will make more sense.
When To Replace a Lampshade
Assuming there is no sentimental attachment to your lampshade, it is generally much less expensive to buy a new lampshade, even when you specify your fabric and trims.
Common Reasons To Replace A Lampshade
- Looking for a different style or color
- You're not trying to match with another lamp
- Cost savings
- Matching exact dimensions is not critical
- Want a different style, shape or size
- Underlying frame is damaged and can not be repaired
When to Repair a Lampshade
Repairing an existing lampshade is a process that requires time and labor which does make it a more expensive alternative. If you request a repair quote from us, we will always research to see is we can easily replicate your lampshade style at a lower cost than repair.
Common Reasons to Repair a Lampshade
- Match an existing lampshade
- Special kind of pleating or treatment on a shade that can't be bought today
- Sentimental attachment to a shade, such as a Waterford label
- Can’t match original dimensions or shape, common with older bell styles
Are you interested in repairing a lampshade? Get a free quote to repair your lampshade.
Still aren't sure if you should buy or replace your lampshade?
We get it, most people don't think about lampshades as much as we do. We are here to help! Give us a call to discuss your situation (978)369-3000 and we can help.